Saturday, January 7, 2023

Hello 2023 - Paper Napkin Glass Bowl

 


After 5 years, I have decided it's time to come back to my blog. I haven't stopped crafting in that time, in fact, I have done many crafts and you can find them on my Instagram page, linlovespaper or search the tag #linscraftroom.

I am not even sure why I stopped blogging.....I guess Instagram was the new kid on the block and I loved being able to just upload a quick pic. The thing is, I always like explaining my crafts, not only for others, but for myself. Sometimes I will make something and years later, completely forget how I did it or what products I used. By blogging my process, I can use it as a diary that I can refer to when needed. This morning, I have been going down memory lane looking at all the things I have made. 

Those of you that either followed my blog or follow my Instagram page, know that I am obsessed with paper, hence my name, LinLovesPaper. Paper holds a fascination for me that started in childhood....but that is another blog for another day.

The pic I have posted is a glass bowl that I have decorated with a paper napkin. Yes, I have certainly done this technique before, but this time I have used only the top, floral layer of my paper napkin, which I have Mod Podged to the underside of the bowl. When held up to the light, the design is translucent. I then gave the outside of the bowl 2 coats of Matte Mod Podge to make it durable. 

Happy crafting,

Lin


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for popping in to visit my blog ♥