Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Shadow Box

I am on holidays at the moment and am loving the time to craft. My latest project is a shadow box. I found an empty perfume and soap box in a bag of material that my friend gave me. It was just the perfect size with a flip-open lid.



  The painting is all done now and I am about to start working on the inside.

  



All finished!


 I used the original pages from several old children's books to create a scene to go with my favourite words from a Joan Walsh Anglund book. The sweet, pink flower came from the window box on my dollhouse.



4 comments:

  1. Linda,

    Beautiful! I have to be honest in saying that I am not very good at all with crafts, but I love to look at the gorgeous talents and creations of others, so thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Linda, much appreciated :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Look at your craft table - I thought mine was a mess, lol!! Well, that's not strictly correct - I don't think it's a mess, but the husband does. Men...what would they know? I tell him to go and have a look at his garage. Now THERE is a mess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny, Gina! Yes, it really is a mess but I know where everything is....most of the time :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for popping in to visit my blog ♥